View Single Post
Old July 26, 2013, 06:31 PM   #3
jepp2

Quote:
From the Sierra website "Although they are recognized around the world for record-setting accuracy, MatchKing bullets are not recommended for hunting. Widely favored for their extreme accuracy, these bullets have been used for short-range varminting. Having heavier jackets, they will not provide the explosive expansion of the lightly jacketed Hornet or Blitz bullets at equivalent velocities in small varmints. If used for varmint shooting, ranges should be kept short to ensure precise shot placement."
They aren't the bullet I would choose. And Sierra recommends against it. I have killed deer with the 50 gr. Spitzer, but velocity and shot placement were critical. Hogs are going to be a lot tougher, and you are planning to use a bullet known for lacking penetration.

A guy I hunted with decided to use Sierra 75 gr. HP in 6mm during doe season. That was his first mistake. His second mistake was not backing the first round with a known performance bullet. Three hits on the vitals of a nice doe resulted in none of the bullets penetrating the rib cage. And some of the bullets did not hit the shoulder blade. Made a believer out of me on how badly the wrong bullet can perform.

Page generated in 0.03166 seconds with 8 queries