View Single Post
Old September 23, 2012, 07:19 AM   #6
10-96

In my mind, purchasing a firearm should be approached with near the same mindset and getting a new pet, or having a child, or taking on a tenant, etc. It should include a mindful decision to commit to at least a degree of a lifestyle change. I know, seems bothersome maybe. But, if you don't carry full time, the weapon should be accessible anyway. That's where the lifestyle change (however minor) comes in. You'll need to decide for yourselves when to lock it up and when to have it accessible- and to make a routine of it.

I just haven't read a lot of good reviews on the various touchpad type lock boxes. I'm kind of leary of circuit and battery failures. I have a regular box with hinged lid and a barrel key. I can index the little bump when needed in pitch dark. The trick is to mount it to wall studs so it can't be walked off with. I don't want it on the floor so my young child can stuff the lock full of crayolas or whatever. Like the pistol, tinker with a few, look at your home, and build your own feel for what will work best for you.

Edit- The Sig 2022 and well, just about all new Sigs have a really good track record. For the few internet nay-sayers and reporters of bad tidings- there's thousands or tens of thousands who have had nothing but stellar results. 9mm will deffinitely be the affordable way to go.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.03188 seconds with 8 queries