View Single Post
Old January 15, 2008, 07:50 PM   #1
berkmberk1

Ejector modification on an EAA Bounty Hunter

I now own an EAA Bounty Hunter, 7.5 in, .45 Colt. It replaces a Cimarron Arms of the same likeness, but unfortunately not authentic and not fire blue! :barf:

Until I sell it off I am stuck with it. One major point I don't like is the ejector. It has the "crescent" shaped one and the edges are Sharp!! Ejecting tight cartridges or cases is painful and sometimes I can't get enough oompf behind it to eject one, resulting in having to use something powerful enough to eject the brass, yet "soft" enough to not damage the part. My Cimarron had the "bullseye" head ejector and it was great for getting a hold of !

My question for your rumination.......considering that the ejector rod is not exactly one of the most critically spec'd parts, wouldn't it be feasible to replace mine with one with the desired design from another make? This would assume the possibility of a certain amount of fitting (ie. length). Since the head and shaft rotate in the ejector housing and the only real critical points seem to be the ejector length and the opening in the end of the housing, it seems like it could work.

Anyone try it before?

Thanks,

Mike

Page generated in 0.03265 seconds with 8 queries