View Single Post
Old January 21, 2007, 12:42 PM   #22
CrustyFN

Texas_XD, sorry I can't help you on the rifle. Hopefully I will be reloading 223 soon. I load only 9mm right now and have had zero variation in OAL. I am using the Lee four die set with the FCD. It takes very little effort to seat the bullet and very little with the FCD. I have heard of people having a little variation when trying to seat and crimp in the same die. My OAL for 9mm is 1.135, I check around 15% with my caliper while I'm loading and they have always been 1.135. I have read a lot of post here and on other forums about loading rifle on the lee Classic Turret and everybody claims to have great success. I can tell you that once you start loading pistol ammo you will not be happy with a single stage compared to a turret. I hope this helps.
Rusty

Edit: You will also hear a lot of bad things about Lee equipment from people that have never used it because in their mind it doesn't cost enough to be any good. Thats OK, I don't mind if others want to pay 2 or 3 times more for something that is of equal or less quality.

Page generated in 0.03794 seconds with 8 queries