View Single Post
Old June 1, 2009, 11:42 PM   #1498
DEEPCOVER1

Ok, i visited another site and this cool guy gave me the info i needed on my S&W, here is what he told me incase someone else out there have a gun like mine.

You have a Smith & Wesson .38, Model of 1905. It was also known as the .38 Hand Ejector, Military & Police, 3rd. Model.

This variant of the .38 M&P was made between 1905 and 1906, within a serial number range running from 62,450 to 73,250.

Standard barrel lengths were 4, 5 or 6 1/2 inches. Six-shot cylinder chambered in .38 Special, but as noted the military standard .38 Long Colt cartridge could also be used in it. Standard finishes were either nickel plate or blue, with color casehardened hammer and trigger. Regular stocks were black hard rubber, but checkered walnut was offered as an option. If the present stocks are original to the gun you find the serial number stamped or penciled inside one or both of the grip panels.

Given its age be very careful what you shoot in it. Heat treated cylinders were not offered until much later during the early 1920's.

Page generated in 0.02939 seconds with 8 queries