View Single Post
Old December 12, 2007, 08:24 AM   #19
Lee-Enfield

Lots of great ideas and suggestions, thanks very much

I've revised my design, and made a few changes:
  • Desk top depth is now 700mm, not 800 (I found that this will suit the space better).
  • Made top draws skinnier and fit another in. I also took out the lost space so they all stack up nice and close.
  • Added shelving underneath in 'foot area'. It's a deep desk, so there's still plenty of space. The shelves will slide out if needed, so they aren't permanent, just in case I need to stack something up under there or I kick it too much. The lowest shelf is 300mm from ground, this will allow me to slide my wooden shooting chest under there.
  • Extra support beam running under the bench top, just for the hell of it. This should be earthquake proof

...And here's the render... You can see the rifle rests on the right a little clearer with the leather strip to protect from rubbing. This and the rod holder are removable (wing-nuts), just in case.

When I move into a bigger house (one with a dedicated gun room or decent garage), I'll build more bench space to go next to this. If this was any bigger, it wouldn't fit in my house!

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I'll be building this after Christmas, so I have plenty of time to sleep on this design and mull it over, let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Page generated in 0.02491 seconds with 8 queries