View Single Post
Old October 25, 1999, 09:01 AM   #16
DOCSpanky

Finally got to try it out and let me tell ya, Eley Tenex is the best, just too damn expensive. Next was the CCI Mini Mags, so I bought a box and headed for the Hills of Tennessee. Actually it was just a farm where the guy was having trouble with rabbits eating his crops so he offered me $2 a head for any vermin I might find. I got up very early and surprised a 14lb. racoon eating out of the hog troughs. A Mini Mag that went right into his mouth and out his skull did the trick instantly. Although this won't take the distance mark with a .22, I popped a rabbit from a measured 231 yards! I aimed right at him and the round fell a couple feet in front of him, instead of running he froze and that was all she wrote for the wascally wabbit. 4 hours, 13 rabbits, 4 squirrels, 1 huge field rat, and 2 raccoons later I had a rounded up $50.00 in my pocket and a happy farmer to boot who invited me back anytime. This is truely the most fun hunt I have ever been on. And the rewards, (not just the cash, but knowing I had actually helped someone with a problem) were wonderfull. I'm back in Florida now, full of misery and longing for the cool crisp mornings in TN. and the look on the racoons face after I shot him

------------------
DOCSpanky
"Walk softly and carry a big stick, perferably one of the 12 guage variety!"

Page generated in 0.03761 seconds with 8 queries