View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 08:07 PM   #56
tahunua001

Quote:
How about, 'aim small, hit small'? Whether you miss small or large, a miss is a miss, LOL.
the only time I've heard "aim small, miss small" is in the film "the patriot". aside from being complete drivel with the intent of being braveheart with muskets, this statement does make sense to me.

muskets are pretty innaccurate especially smoothbore. giving someone with such a gun the advice of aim small miss small is that the smaller target you are focusing on the greater chance of hitting the entire enemy even if you miss the small area you are aiming at. the same can be said for deer. focusing on a tiny area instead of the entire kill zone means even if you miss that small region you still stand a good chance of hitting the killzone.

aim small hit small is not really advice at all, it's an unrealistic expectation and does nothing but hurt a young hunters confidence when they drop a deer with a lung shot and you were expecting them to put it straight through the heart.

Page generated in 0.02577 seconds with 8 queries