Thread: packing at work
View Single Post
Old October 7, 2011, 12:26 PM   #10
Stressfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by musher
...But Mr. Hartlock we have an obligation to balance the opposing risks to you from robbers and from Crazy Eddie down in accounting. This is an obligation we take very seriously. We have spent a great deal of time considering this very issue. It was our judgement and the judgement of our bean counters that, on the whole, you were exposed to less risk by banning the carry of firearms than you would have been had we allowed the carry of firearms in our office. We are truly sorry you got your tukus blown off, but as you know hindsight doesn't help make decisions.....
Did anyone else get an image of Agent Smith from the Matrix while reading this? Substitute Anderson for Hartlock and I think it fits.

Quote:
if your employer permits you to go armed at work in order to protect you, you are armed to further a company goal as a matter of company policy
Indeed, which would then open up their pockets, much deeper than most of ours, for suit to be filed.

I can't say that I don't understand the reasoningof most corporate entities with regard to weapons, just not their thinking. If "Crazy Eddie from accounting" is planning to go postal on the entire office, do they really think he is going to consult his employee handbook first?

Page generated in 0.02170 seconds with 8 queries