Thread: Scope Mounting
View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1
usamariner

Scope Mounting

I am a new member here and I am grateful that this forum exists. I am a right handed shooter. I have an Chinese SKS and I would like to add a scope to the rifle. A scope mount must be attached to the receiver frame and not the receiver return spring cover which must be removed for cleaning. If a scope is mounted between 9 o'clock to 11 o'clock from barrel 12 o'clock; what are the consequences of this location? My desired location would be 10:30 o'clock. The scope would obviously be rotated in the rings to a normal 12 o'clock position. This location would allow complete visual access to the iron sites at all adjustable elevations with the shooters head resting on the cheek rest and sighting with the right eye. I believe this scope location would allow the shooter to hold the rifle in the normal position and not require the shooters head to be leaned onto the butt stock or cheek rest. Is it better to have the head resting on a cheek rest for visual stability? If so the shooters head could rest on the cheek rest and use the left eye for scope sighting. Will the turret adjustments be able to zero in from this scope location? The Scope is a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5 -14 x 40 at 14.5" long.

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries