View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 11:48 AM   #6
Wyosmith

Antelope is gamey if the blood is not soaked from the meat. If you do a salt water soak the meat is excellent.
Here’s one of my favorites.

I have had 5 different people tell me how they didn’t like antelope and yet they loved this when I served it to them.

One in particular was quite funny. He’d told me he hated antelope and I didn’t tell him what he was eating until he’s had 3rds.

Take a good cut of meat and salt water soak it for 1 day changing the water one time

Cube it up into chunks about 1.5” square.

Fry 6 pieces of bacon crisp and set the bacon aside.

Dredge the antelope in flour with salt and pepper and brown it in olive oil on all sides.

Cut up a large yellow onion and sauté in the bacon grease. When soft and limp place them on the bottom of a crock pot.

Place the antelope on top of the onions

Crumble up the bacon and sprinkle them on top of the antelope.

Cover the meat with a layer of cut mushrooms

Mix 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, ½ can of Cream Sherry wine, 1 can or water and ½ a small jar of horseradish. And 2 table spoons of Worcetishire sauce and pour this all over the top of the meat.

Cook on low for 9 hours in a crock pot, or if you are using a dutch oven, cover it with a lid and place it in the oven on 225 degrees for 8 hours.

45 minutes before serving time make up a mess of your favorite pasta.

15 minutes before serving time mix in ½ a tub of sour cream into the mix and sprinkle paprika over the top of it. Put back in the oven for 15 minutes.

Serve it over the pasta.

Let me know what you think.

Happy hunting

Page generated in 0.03323 seconds with 8 queries