View Single Post
Old November 11, 2002, 11:54 AM   #9
Will Beararms

'Popped an 8 Point Sunday at 0630 with the Winchester silver box 150 grainers. He was walking down a grown over logging road that seperates a hardwood bottom from a pine field right to me. I had a clear shot on this one at 75 steps. He would not give me a broad side shot so I ratcheted the 2-7 up to seven and put one in the area right between the neck and chest. He dropped in his tracks and the only thing that moved was his tail.

I took a risk up in a box stand but he started to wind me and I had practiced the exact shot the after noon before about 50 times before I found out the gun shop had not tightened the rings on the Leupold VX1 adequately. I have never owned a nice scope and at 38, I decided it was time. The scope did make the difference not to spam Leupold in any event.

I was thankful he did not suffer. He was dead in three minutes if that. The whole weekend was surreal. I hit a big buck with my van on Saturday and between that and getting my scope dialed in, the day was shot. Heck, Sunday, I was on the stand at 0600, deer bagged at 0630 and in Church with Dad at 1045 . Thank you Lord for another one.

I will tell you that I got just as excited on him as I did when I killed that 20" spread, 175 pound 8 point in 1994.

Page generated in 0.02776 seconds with 8 queries