Thread: Finding ranges
View Single Post
Old December 16, 2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Jay24bal

Quote:
One point of advice, don't just assume the Nikon calculator is correct. Never shoot an animal at any range you haven't practiced or in wind conditions beyond your ability.
For a new shooter, this advice is the best I can give. While BDC scopes are certainly useful for shooting past your zero distance (and can also be used to find the distance, your scope instruction manual will have info on how to use the marks on the reticle to do this), nothing will replace practice.

All rifles and ammo combinations are different, and the BDC markings and calculators are great places to start, but you need to go out and shoot your individual gun to verify the info the calculators give you. As a hunter, the last thing you want to do is wound an animal without making a clean kill. Making an animal suffer by breaking bones and not delivering a kill shot, or letting the wound become infected where the animal dies in a month instead of in minutes, is the thing I dread the most. If I am not 100% confident in the range, wind, path of the shot, I will pass up the shot.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "

Page generated in 0.03276 seconds with 8 queries