Thread: OWB carry
View Single Post
Old October 13, 2012, 10:48 AM   #16
Mello2u

Quote:
JohnKSa

I can't use OWB for general carry because I don't have/wear cover garments that hang down far enough. The general rule for cover garments is that they should extend 6" below the lowest visible part of the gun/holster. That margin allows you to move around, bend down, sit down, reach up, etc. without exposing the gun/holster.
As JohnKSa posts, I don't carry in an OWB holster for this reason of a cover garment's length necessary to cover the handgun and holster.

I carry a full size or commander size 1911 in an IWB holster which even a normal T-shirt will cover. In an OWB holster the garment would need to go to mid thigh to reliably cover it; instead of merely to cover my pants pocket for the IWB. Adding 8 or 10 inches to a shirt would make it like a dress (if you could find one). I'm not going to always wear a coat inside to cover an OWB setup.
" Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.02152 seconds with 8 queries