View Single Post
Old March 29, 2011, 04:53 PM   #19
CrustyFN

Quote:
Most pistols and revolvers function best when loaded with a quick burning powder such as Bullseye. Since peak pressure is reached very quickly, the seating depth of the bullet is very important: the deeper the bullet, the higher the pressure. If the bullet is seated too deeply, dangerous pressures will be generated, which could burst the gun and cause severe personal injury (including death)...
Agree, that is why there is a min and max load data and you should always start low and work up.

Quote:
Your assembled cartridges MUST be as long as, or longer than, the minimum length for the combination you are loading...
Also agree but the min is shorter than loading to fit the magazine. Again that's why we start low and work up the load.

Quote:
I'm not telly YOU how to load, I am trying to inform the O.P. that there is NOT one single "perfect" COL that works for all guns. The original post I was commenting on basically said that you should ONLY use the COL listed in the manual, which is NOT a recommendation that any manual makes.
I understand and am not telling you or anybody else how to load either. Just commenting like you that there are many options for OAL of a round. I got the impression that you are recommending to always load so that the round just fits the magazine. I was just trying to point out that with HP's, FP's and SWC's that won't leave much bullet in the case.

Page generated in 0.03551 seconds with 8 queries