View Single Post
Old October 4, 2010, 08:01 PM   #35
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
The incompetence of those who've attempted to carry out attacks in our country is amusing, but I'm not optimistic that it will continue. It's only a matter of time before they recruit some home growns with their brains in their heads (instead of in their yingies) who could provide competent leadership.
While not a terrorist attack in that the snipers were not trying to harm non-combatants in an effort to effect change in social, political, or religious aspects, the DC snipers did a very good job of affecting a large number of people's behaviors and fairly sizeable geographic area for a fairly prolonged period of time with very little resources. Later it was determined that they had shot people previously and in similar manners outside of the DC, Maryland, Virginia area in Florida, Texas, and Louisiana.

Various bombers over the years have managed to effect terrorist attacks over more prolonged periods of time, though with much less influence such as Ted Kaczynski and Eric Rudolph. Flying under the radar helped make it possible for them to remain free as long as they did.

Page generated in 0.02298 seconds with 8 queries