View Single Post
Old August 13, 2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Casparado

Gun safe questions

Well, as the title implies, I just bought my first gun safe! (No more damn trigger locks, as it is being installed in my bolt-locked bunker.)

So, my question are, How do most people dehumidify their safes? I got a cannon model that has an accessory plug at the bottom, so I can install one of those bars (although I have no idea how they work )

Also, how many people store their ammo in their safe as well? I remember reading somewhere that it was a bad idea because in case of a fire the ammo would go off and destroy everything in the safe. But, if it got hot enough in the safe to set off ammo, wouldn't everything in the safe be destroyed anyway? So, is it safe to store lg. quantities of ammo in a safe? (I think I have more ammo that will fit in the safe anyway, but I want to store the REALLY expensive stuff inside it.)

Thank you in advance for your replies
Currently: Ruger Mini-30 w/ millet red dot, Mossberg 930-spx, Remington pump 12ga 2+1, Ruger 10/22, Phoenix HP22RM, Beretta 92FS, Browning HP 9mm, S&W M.G. in 45LC, Mosin Nagant Izzy Hex, and a couple safe queens.

Page generated in 0.02316 seconds with 8 queries