View Single Post
Old November 22, 2005, 09:46 PM   #14
Harley Quinn

Nb4zot

I missed a good shot like that I yelled 'its a sow' and waited for a brief second and I was told 'shoot it'. By the time I had waited that second the sow made a hard right and put a bunch of bush beween her and me.

I was looking for 'Boar' and that particular word means just that, 'Boar' is a male not the female.
If you are looking to keep the area good for hunting I personally don't like killing the female species. You need them for the future of the species.

I know you need the other also. But one Boar can sure spread the seed.
Next year you have lots of little ones. Kill the Sow and you are going to cull it quick.

But the bung is a good shot on hogs. One of the best. You hit them in the tail and they are finished next shot is a finisher, or it goes to the vitals. Pretty awesome if it is truly up the bung.

Young sow is good for meat, where young boar is not. IMHO leave um lay, the herd will eat them later. I would not shoot small boar or small sow.
I feel there is a free time. If you want them out of your fields that is different 'kill um all' as they say. Use enough gun or not they will be food for the rest.

I personally feel if you are hunting to exterminate, kill them with enough gun and that means something that can reach hundreds of yards, like an 06 in 180 grain bullet.
Most people don't like the 06 or the 308 NOT.

One of the best and most popular for numerous reasons. If I had only one gun to choose I would go for the 06 or 308.
Reload it up or down lots of brass and it is a good shooter. That accelerator round makes it good for lighter stuff also. But unfortunatly the 308 is no longer loaded in that round you would have to reload it. Not to bad.

Harley

Page generated in 0.03577 seconds with 8 queries