View Single Post
Old September 2, 2012, 03:38 PM   #2
Doc Hoy

Coupla thoughts...

The cut out is the base of the retaining clip for the hammer spring.

You might get better results if you just cast you own bullets. I get far better consistency in the cast bullets I make than the bullets I purchase. I have not yet proven that they are better downrange but I sure do feel better putting them in my revolvers.

Only revolvers I own which need 11 caps are the Rugers. My Dragoons and Walker take 10s. I swapped out the nipples on the Walker with Tresos. They still take tens. Do a search for them on the internet and then just price compare.

I'd buy a new spring and pin or just buy the whole wedge.

You can also get a replacement loading lever spring clip. That may be what you need. You can start by trying to bending the spring forward so that it applies more force to hold the loading lever in place. But you risk breaking it in which case you'll need a new one.

My guess is that you and I are not the only ones who will report the dropping lever problem. SLTM1 had a Walker for sale (See his May 28th post in the for sale forum) that had a lever retainer of ingenious design. I am going to make one when I gets around to it.

Last edited by Doc Hoy; September 2, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.03686 seconds with 8 queries