View Single Post
Old May 6, 2010, 12:12 PM   #9
gak

I agree with BOTH Severns and the previous poster: I think it's here to stay--both of the .32 Mag cartridges actually, too good. But, Federal (etc incl CCI), Ruger and others have not marketed either the .32 H&R Mag--going on 26 years--or .327 Fed Magnum well at all. Ruger, as it would seem to have the largest stake--needs to get on Federal (and other component types') case "big time," to build up the ammo situation for both fine cartridges. To date it's been a travesty. The H&R's been especially a real blinger to find lately. The gunrags along with the bigger-is always-better crowd haven't helped one whit either over the years--they feed off each other. Consistent and persistent marketing is everything.

Later Edit: when some of the gunshops actually get any of this stuff in, it's still "what is this? We don't need any of this pipsqueak ****. Uh, can't's sell it. Uh." Some of the responses have been almost neanderthalian. Rather than saying--as you'd think think as retailers they would--"more's the better...it's all good. Here's a neat new cartridge you might want to try...," it's instead the same ol' same ol'. And so that gets passed on to the (sometimes) unknowing customer--especially newbies--and back to the distributors and manufacturers and so it goes.

The .327 is no .357, never has been. It is basically a modern/"better" (stronger case and more easily reloadable) .32-20 for revolvers and (we hope) levers, as well as a nice "replacement" for the .30 Carbine in revolvers--and essentially making possible a ".30 Carbine" lever as well. That's all good stuff. The good ol' .32-20 was--and still is--a gem, for all duties not absolutely requiring a .357--which is most everything shy of deer, elk and bear. (And I've got several .357s, love 'em dearly) This .32 Mag stuff is just more of a good thing.
End of rant.

Last edited by gak; May 6, 2010 at 12:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02128 seconds with 8 queries