Thread: Round Count
View Single Post
Old November 28, 2013, 09:31 PM   #19
scottys1

When I started shooting USPSA matches I used an EAA Witness in 9mm that I already had. It has racked up approximately 40,000 rounds. The only mods are an ambi safety (I'm a lefty) and a trigger with an overtravel screw. I changed the recoil spring 4 times and all the other springs once, more out of guilt than necessity. It has had no breakage and still shoots just fine.

I replaced it with a Glock 22 which now also has about 40,000 rounds through it. It has a Bar-Sto barrel, a steel guide rod/recoil spring assy, a 3.5# trigger connector, and aftermarket sights. I changed the recoil spring twice. No breakage and no malfunctions that were not shooter or ammo induced.

I later got a Para-Ordnance P-16 Limited for match use which now has approx 45,000 rounds on it. I immediately changed the plastic mag catch and mainspring housing for steel parts as the plastic didn't look durable enough for frequent use. It has a different trigger and sear, and a fiber optic front sight. The only breakage was the disconnector at about 25,000 rounds. The gun never malfunctioned, I noticed about half of the upper tip had broken off while cleaning it after a match. A new one was installed before using the gun again.

I have no complaints with any of these guns.

Page generated in 0.03528 seconds with 8 queries