View Single Post
Old September 7, 2010, 12:14 PM   #1
S_Constitutionist

Practicing with a pistol(strong) and flashlight(weak)

I tried to do a search but couldnt find a specific thread.

My current HD set up is a Rem 870 12G with a flashlight clamped to the barrel (sort of a cheapy, but it works well). I recently bought a pistol (A Hi-Power in 9mm) and it now sits by the bedside as well.

It occurred to me that since there is no way to attach a light to my pistol I should begin practicing while holding one in my weak hand. I have seen this done in the movies with the weak hand bent upwards and locked under the dominant hand. I sort of played around with this dry fire, but I would like to know more about the proper way to do it. I am taking a 4 day defensive handgun course in a few months, but I would like to practice with it a bit before then.

I asked the staff of the outdoor range I frequent if I could practice shooting this way and they all looked at me silly and said that it wasnt allowed. I suppose I could try an indoor range or just go out in the desert like we used to.

Anyway, does anyone know of a good website/video/dvd/book in which someone in the know instructs this tactic? I've yet to spring for a high dollar flashlight, but im considering the SureFire 6PDL for when I begin CCW. At the moment I use a 24 LED/Laser combo 200Lm that I have had for 6 or 7 years.

Page generated in 0.02932 seconds with 8 queries