View Single Post
Old April 30, 2014, 09:56 PM   #7
Olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theohazard View Post
I've never shot an Axiom, but back when I worked at an SOT I got to play around with one and take it apart. It seems like a great design that incorporates the best of both worlds: Its got K-baffles with dater holes, which tend to be super-quiet but hard to take apart when dirty. But the sleeve it has (like the Sparrow but one-piece) seems it would make it easy to take apart no matter how dirty it was.

Olympus, how does the Axiom compare sound-wise to other top .22 cans like the Sparrow, Spectre, Element, etc.? Is it as easy to take apart when leaded up as the Sparrow is? How is the first-round-pop? I would think the FRP would be minimal because it uses K-baffles.
I can't compare to other cans since this is my first. My father in law has a Sparrow that he's waiting on approval for so I'll compare it in a few more months.

I don't notice FRP on my Axiom to be any louder than the following rounds. To my ear, there's no difference. I just like shooting it. When the loudest sound is the slug hitting the muddy backstop, that's quiet enough for me. I haven't taken it apart to clean it yet. I'm at probably 250 rounds so far.

Page generated in 0.02282 seconds with 8 queries