View Single Post
Old May 16, 2013, 12:48 AM   #48
Jammer Six

Frank, this thread has done nothing but make us all certain that we are right.

The process amazed me.

I still agree that a woman's approach to avoiding violence is different from a man's, and I don't believe that there are men out there qualified to teach women how to avoid violence, although I'm equally certain that there are many who will do so.

Once the shooting starts, which is what I teach, there is no difference between men and women.

That's the point of the firearm-- it empowers any skilled shooter to stop an attack.

Treating any group of shooters differently without a legitimate, ethical reason simply reinforces any stereotypes already in place, and in this case encourages women to think of themselves as needing different instruction.

That's exactly the opposite of ethical firearms instruction-- women need to be taught to win the fight, without regard to their sex, size, strength or anything else.

If we believed what has been posted here, we wouldn't have female cops, for exactly the "reasons" everyone has been chanting.

Thank god for real progress.

Best of luck to you all, I'm certain I have failed to convince any of you of anything, but it pleases me that the light has been turned on this topic, because stereotypes matter. It also pleases me to have all of our positions so clearly on the record.

Last edited by Jammer Six; May 16, 2013 at 01:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.03438 seconds with 8 queries