View Single Post
Old April 5, 2011, 08:54 AM   #110
Bartholomew Roberts

OK, came across this story this morning. It is a little out there; but if you had told me that the ATF allowing FFLs to sell guns to Mexican drug lords, I'd have probably thought the same thing, so I decided to share it.

Short version is that Anabel Hernandez, a Mexican reporter who has been covering the drug war there for several years and is currently in Italy has charged that Mexican President Felipe Calderon is essentially a figurehead for the Sinaloa Cartel (en espanol) led by Joaquin Guzman. She goes even further and alleges that the Sinaloa Cartel operates with the concurrence of the U.S. DEA and goes on to suggest that the United States may be deliberately turning a blind eye to Sinaloa Cartel operations and even helps target their enemies.

Robert Farago does a Google translation of the original article here and goes on to speculate that the charges above may explain why Calderon has not been more aggressive in asking questions about Operation Fast and Furious.

As I said, no hard evidence supporting these allegations yet and they seem pretty far out there; but given how crazy the initial Gunwalker charges sounded, I thought it was worth sharing in this thread.

Page generated in 0.02315 seconds with 8 queries