View Single Post
Old October 15, 2009, 10:30 AM   #6
rodwhaincamo

$ was an object, and it was a gift (of my choosing-gun show). I wasn't aware of the shortcomings otherwise I'd have had a friend take a close look at the used Redhawk. It had a deep gash above the cylinder. Seems very difficult to put that deep of a gash in a stainless pistol so I figured it must have been really abused so I passed. The Ruger was only $20 more, but firm on the price. The barrel was 7 1/2" and I wanted around a 6" for hog defense. Wanted something I could draw quickly and wield easily. And the ported barrel, which at first I thought was rediculous, grew on me the hours I walked around at the gun show figuring it may help with heavy loads if I were to need to fire rapidly. I have this fear of being charged by a 400# tank with short swords! A standard powered 44 Mag is still enough I think, though I'm a more's better American. Just found that it's so hard to find hard casts in that power spectrum. Never researched much about revolver oriented things so I was very niave. Figured a heavy HP would do just fine, and then read many stories of many many 44 rounds being dumped into hogs without stopping them. Even from rifles, which has similar power to a handgun out at 100 yds.

Page generated in 0.02994 seconds with 8 queries