View Single Post
Old June 27, 2014, 12:36 PM   #11
JimDandy

What's the difference in when they surrender? In the news story on the recent end to the Yellow Line free speech zone law in Massachusetts, the news media mentioned it was trouble for 5 other towns/cities I can't remember the name of right now as most were smallish East Coast towns I've never even been to- Burlington Vermont may be one and I only remember it because I idly wondered if it was the home of the Burlington Coat Factory.

Anyway, does the Supreme Court decision which ended the yellow line also single out the laws in this 5 places as well? Does the legal community just agree that it covers them without a judicial order saying so? Does someone have to bring a suit against each of those 5 places for a 5 minute slam dunk?

Obviously this doesn't quite apply here as there isn't a case making it a slam dunk magazine restrictions wouldn't have been held up, and in fact they were, not were not held up (so far), but you folks are talking in relative absolutes.

Is the AG of one of these other states really technically if not realistically expected to honestly and vigorously, at great cost, defend the Constitutionality of a law that wasn't included in, but was phrased exactly or close enough to the same as another struck down by the highest court in the land just yesterday?

Page generated in 0.02486 seconds with 8 queries