Thread: Colt LE6920
View Single Post
Old March 7, 2013, 11:34 AM   #9
Auto426

Quote:
That is what I figured, that it sat on a shelf somewhere and was pulled down for the panic.

I have no issues with it being 10 years old, it is in pristine unused condition from what I can tell, I cut the tape on the box and took it out of the bag myself. Probably built better ten years ago anyway (experts opinions?)

It did come with a pmag though, from what I can tell an older one, it has no dust cover, would it have come with one ten years ago?

I am on hold with colt right now for 45+ minutes, still waiting to ask them....
Colts AR quality has been very consistent over the years, mostly because they use the extensive testing methods and exact apecifications required by the TDP when building their guns. The occasional lemon slips through, but overall a gun made today is no worse or not better than a gun made in 03.

If your gun came with one Pmag in the box, then it's probably a 2013 configuration model. It should actually say 2013 configuration on the label on the end of the box. Prior to 2013, it would have been shipped with two 20 rd. aluminum Colt mags. In that case, the packing department may have shipped it out with an older manual, either by accident, to use up old stock, or maybe they ran out of newer revision manuals in this time of outrageous demand.

For the dust cover issue, are you taking about the rifle or the Pmag?

Page generated in 0.03518 seconds with 8 queries