Thread: police academy
View Single Post
Old December 13, 2010, 07:16 PM   #12
Glenn Dee

lol KRAIGWAY...

I'm sure that the Police academy will have a list of authorized pistols. If you have been hired by a department, use what they use. If not I'd find the most common issue/authorized pistol in your area and go with that gun/caliber.

As far as practice... The firearms instructors in the police academy will take you from pure greenie, to quaified professional if you relax and pay attention. Besides... In my own experience... Nothing tweaks off a law enforcement instructor more than you coming in and hitting the bull's eye consistantly, while doing it all wrong. lol Despite what some may say... I dont believe there is a wrong way to be accurate. In fact there are many paths to the same place. Firearms instructors are responsible for the lives, and safety of everyone in the class, and all the instructors. They have developed technique that can work for 99% of people. Keeping in mind that most of your class will not share your enthusiasm for firearms. Some may bairly qualify... and not have a problem with that. You become the problem child... even if you shoot in the high 90's every time.

Just a few thoughts, and ramblings from an old (real) cop

Glenn Dee

P/S good luck in the academy. Listen to your instructors... They know what they are talking about.

Page generated in 0.02635 seconds with 8 queries