View Single Post
Old December 8, 2007, 01:51 PM   #1
Pharaohawk27

Kershaw Leek Knife

KERSHAW LEEK KNIFE

Years ago my grandfather gave me a small knife that he called a gentleman’s knife. I was small and it had a sharp blade that served me well for a variety of tasks, but eventually I lost it.
Having purchased the SOG Flash II a couple of weeks before and falling in love with the opening assisted feature, I set to find a smaller knife in the “gentleman’s knife” category that will not print when using a tuxedo.

I settled for the Ken Onion’s designed Leek model by Kershaw, a stainless steel three inches blade, four inches overall knife, with flat profile and a clip on the right side for securing it to pockets.

The knife is extremely sharp, and the blade seems to leap at the small push of the index finger and lock securely. I use the index finger on the top of the blade extension on top, but it can also be opened with the thumb stud that is on the rear of the blade.
The knife also has a way to lock the blade for protection against accidental openings; slide a small button at the rear of the handle.
To close the blade you will need two hands. One finger is used to push the locking bar out of the way of the blade to close the knife.

Those forward assisted blades are really great! And the little Leek is a fine knife; I am pleased with my purchase of this fine gentleman's knife.

Sincerely,

Pharaohawk

Page generated in 0.02884 seconds with 8 queries