View Single Post
Old November 14, 2009, 01:45 AM   #12
Jay1958

The best 6P clone for the money I have found is the SolarForce L2. For a really inexpensive EDC light that is decent quality and bright, I recommend the Romisen RC-G2. You can pick these up for around $15 and they use a single AA battery!

Another good choice in an inexpensive light is the Romisen RC-N3. You can configure these either 1xC123 or 2xAA, and you can usually pick them up for less than $20. In C123 mode, then are nice and small for everyday carry, but they come with an AA extension tube in case you don't have any C123's handy. The only downside I have found to this one is a slight battery rattle in AA mode, as the front of the tube is a little large to accomodate one C123.

The Romisens are the only really inexpensive lights I trust... the SolarForce is good, but costs a little more. Another plus for these two Romisens is they have a forward (momentary on) rear click switch. The Solarforce is a reverse clicky with no momentary on. Solarforce sells a nice forward click switch, but the darn thing costs $15-$20!

Page generated in 0.03148 seconds with 8 queries