View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 09:26 AM   #6
tulsamal

Quote:
A note about Giffords: the lady was shot in the head by a deranged gunman. She had to go through a long and undoubtedly arduous recovery process. We can attack the message, but let's be respectful to the messenger.
I agree absolutely. But it is also what makes her message so powerful. She is poised to be the next Sarah Brady. Sarah's husband was shot and so that made her a sympathetic victim whom we were supposed to listen to. But then her position evolved from victim's wife to somebody with a paid full time job as a lobbyist.

The Giffords also get to claim additional credibility by saying that she supported gun rights before she was shot. And the part that REALLY bugs me, they are trying to sell themselves as "typical gun owners" because "we own a couple of guns locked up in a safe back home." I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean you speak for me. Or that I even consider you "real gun people." Two guns? Locked in a safe somewhere else? You might as well tell me you are a serious reader because you own two books. Locked in a safe somewhere!

Gregg

Page generated in 0.03678 seconds with 8 queries