View Single Post
Old March 17, 2005, 03:02 PM   #12
Zak Smith

Quote:
yes shooting both eyes open may be the better way all things being equal, sure you can be more aware and observant to other things happening around you but if you can't hit [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] shooting that way what is the point? You have to shoot the way that is most comfortable and effective for you. Nothing else matters.
That is a lame argument. I've seen a lot of people who couldn't hit anything with a pistol or rifle because they didn't know what any of the good stances/positions/techniques were, and they had no instruction, training, and no practice. Should they continue in a terrible position because compared to anything else they can currently do, it's not the worst? No, they should learn how to shoot with good technique and practice what they need to practice to improve.

Shooting with both eyes open - one occluded or not - is superior for target shooting or for action shooting. You don't have to believe me. Read Tubb's book on Highpower shooting for a target focus, or Brian Enos' book on practical shooting.

It behooves the shooter wanting to improve to figure out how to make it work for them. Patterns of visual perception are by and large learned, and you can practice switching focus and/or eye dominance in your living room.

-z

Page generated in 0.02477 seconds with 8 queries