View Single Post
Old April 21, 2007, 11:20 PM   #5
Stargazer

Thanks for the input guys, I loaded (112) of them today with 7.8 grains and a 158 JHP bullet, Winchester standard primers. I will speed check both the Marlin and the 686 tomorrow with them. Thanks for the speed readings with the 4 and 5" barrels, that gives me a good reference to go by. I think my 4" will do about the same as yours, around 1150. Last time out the Chrony was acting up but I did get a few readings and that is very close to what I got.

Getting almost (1000) rounds from a pound of Unique sure makes a lot of sense as it does fill the case nicely too so a double charge would be spilling out. I'll see what my Marlin 16" "C" model gets tomorrow.

Will be checking the speed of my .308 AP loads too. I figure they are going around 2450-2500, we shall see. FAL used here, STG58C from Enterprise. Will check the Glock 36 too for it's speed just for the hell of it. I know it'll be 7-800 something being a 45 but it is nice to know the reloads you do work well and to see their speed.

M70 Web Page

Page generated in 0.02425 seconds with 8 queries