View Single Post
Old June 27, 2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Koda94

MTSCMike, your worst case scenario would certainly be a tough choice. Another twist on that would be confronted by more than one criminal where your acquaintance escalates the situation and the other BG comes after you, you would have no choice but to defend yourself yet it was your acquaintance that may have even started it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJim
However, the "initial aggressor" may lose the right to self-defense unless he/she tries to withdraw. I would think the same would apply to a third person involved.
This is the law in my state, but regardless of the law I would think it rather a complicated defense especially if your [legally] carrying and end up using your gun. I will personally never be the initial aggressor but this law would could into play if you made an attempt to abandon your acquaintance and get out of there.

One thing that resonates in the replies here is leaving your acquaintance to his own undoing. He may come back at you later for abandoning him but in reality, who cares I wont be around them anymore anyways. Real friends may not abandon one another, but real friends don't start fights or compromise their companions safety and legal standing....

Quote:
Tell your friend to cool it and then flee.
Quote:
2)Flee. Your hotheaded "friend" can sleep in the bed he made.
Quote:
The guy who escalates/starts it is no longer an "innocent party" so his retreat and or defense is a non-starter. He's on his own.
Quote:
I don't care if its your best bud, who wounded, carried you through a minefield to save your life, if he is making things worse, and won't stop, you HAVE to distance yourself from him.
Quote:
You will need to take prompt and clear steps to unequivocally disassociate yourself from the antagonistic behavior of your companion. That will probably mean walking (running) away from it.
Quote:
It is somewhat easy to say that someone made his own bed and he can lay in it...

Page generated in 0.03356 seconds with 8 queries