View Single Post
Old January 13, 2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Bongo Boy

Have you looked to see what's available? I don't think you're going to find any small pistol primers anywhere--and I doubt you'll find any powder, either. I could be wrong, but I don't believe you have too many options right now.

My No.1 source is Midsouth Shooters Supply--they haven't had small pistol primers for several weeks now. Next up is Natchez Shooters Supply, and I have from time to time purchased reloading supplies from Midway--usually bullets only because they tend to charge two HAZMAT fees (one for powder, one for primers). I don't believe Midway has much in the way of bullets now, either.

Another option for bullets, at least, is to go directly to Montana Gold, or to TJ Convera who has been good to deal with in the past.

Again, I think primers are all gone.

Now--very few folks know that Nitro 100 runs very nicely in 40SW and 45ACP and performs almost identically to Clays, and similar to Solo 1000. Currently, I believe the only published handgun loads for Nitro 100 are for 9mm, AND, currently, Nitro 100 is one of very, very few propellants still available at Midsouth. Just FYI, it's a lesser-know powder for handgun and has apparently gone unnoticed. I would expect it to perform quite nicely in 9.

Solo 1000 is still available as well, and it is hugely popular in your IPSC and IDPA circles.

Last edited by Bongo Boy; January 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM.

Page generated in 0.03824 seconds with 8 queries