View Single Post
Old December 14, 2007, 01:48 PM   #7
scottz0369

You might be setting too many standards here-the qualities you ask for are by definition found almost exclusively in higher-end boots. You can get all of the features you want with the exception of the price.
I've been wearing "workin-man's" boots for over 20 years as a Marine Infantryman, and I've tried Bates, Hi-Tec's, Magnums, ad nauseum. Bottom line is you get what you pay for. I'm a big supporter of Danner's gear-I'm wearing right this second a pair of Danner's (Marine Hot Weather Version) that are on their third combat tour over here-lots of guys buy other boots that don't last even 3 months of hard use. I've got a pair of Danner Ft. Lewis steel toes (all black leather, goretex, vibram soles-I think they're discontinued) that I've had for 15 years. I can't destroy them.
I'm not a paid supporter (although I'd be willing to be)-I'm just a happy customer.

Check out:
http://www.danner.com/p2p/searchResu...c=false&page=1

Get some, break them in, wear them, send them to Danner for refinishing if they need it, and wear them forever.

Scott
MSgt USMC
Somewhere in Iraq

PS-If Doc Martens still made boots in the UK instead of China, I'd recommend them too. Find an old pair of made in UK steel toes and you can't go wrong either.

Page generated in 0.02709 seconds with 8 queries