View Single Post
Old March 25, 1999, 01:57 AM   #11
bk40

I have used RCBS 505 & 10-10 balance beam scales. They both are good scales. About 6yrs ago I purchased my first electronic scale, the Accurate III made by Denver Instruements. This scale is pricey at ~$400. I have since tried out several of the newer, less expensive elect scales - Lymans 2000, Dillons model and PACTs BBK. None of these "less expensive" scales came close to matching the Accurate III.
There is a good reason for this: When I purchased the DI scale I talked w/ one of their salespeople a good bit about scales. What I found out was that scales like Pact, Dillon ... use a "strain guage" to determine the weight - The scales that Denver Instruements make use a completely different method to determine the weight. The techinical term escapes my mind right now. But it explains why this scale, compared to the others, holds its zero, registers the weight quicker, is more accurate and will repeat the same weight every time. Also why it costs so much more!

If I had to do it over again, I would spend the xtra $$ and buy the same scale. And I will never go back to the non electronic scales!!!!

-bk40

[This message has been edited by bk40 (edited March 25, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02801 seconds with 8 queries