View Single Post
Old March 3, 2007, 05:19 PM   #1
mikmic2

270 Barrel twist 10" best bullet weight to start.

I have a Remington autoloader 7400, and I have tried several ammo's but now I am starting to reload, and I was wondering what bullet weight would be good for the 10" twist rate. Mine currently appears to like the cheap 150 grain Federal.

My son's exact same gun appears to like Winchester Super X in 150 grains, much better then the cheap federals I have luck with.

Does knowing the twist rates, and the two different guns likings, give a guy anywhere to start with bullets and charges?

I also have a Browning Bar that appears to like the Remington 150'S over the 130'S. I do not know the twist rate of the Bar however.

It appears that all the guns like the 150 grain factory bullet over the 130's.

So would one start with the 150's and play with the powder first, then possibly the primer later?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am not looking forward to spending $300.00 dollars on different bullet weights and powders, that might not work in my rifles that well. I'd like to cut a few dollars off this very expensive experiment.

I do like the 150'S for deer hunting. Would perhaps the 140 be a good starting point, then the.... what are they? the 165'S???

I would start with the low end of the charge and work my way up with the different bullet weights, but I was hoping for a little input, before I go crazy on buying a bunch of bullets. Does anybody know of a variety pack of bullets that can be purchased for just such a case as my dilemna???

Page generated in 0.02820 seconds with 8 queries