Thread: Mossburg O&U
View Single Post
Old February 3, 2011, 11:02 AM   #9
Smitty in CT

[tangent]Pedersen Custom Guns was started by O.F. Mossberg in 1973 and closed it's doors in 1975, they sold upgraded versions of their U.S. made shotguns and rifles, they imported O/U's & SxS's from Beretta (BL-4 & GR-4, respectively) and from Aramberri in Spain, they added high polish, deep blueing, and nice walnut...

They were trying to compete with the Remington and Winchester "Custom Shops" and quicly found out that upgrading these guns a little, cost a lot.... They earned their reputation for offering "more gun for the money" and folks weren't ready to spend "big money" (for the day) on a Mossberg.

The Pedersens are becoming more and more collectable....
[/tangent]

To the OP, regarding the "Silver Reserve", I won one of the Ducks Unlimited 12GA/20GA combos, it was a "decent" gun, it shot where I pointed, but I sold it and bought a Beretta....

The only comliment I can give them is.... "They're better than they used to be"

When they were in the $400 range, they were an OK "value", now that they're closer to $600, well....... there are much better guns out there for the money. For example, a Beretta Essential http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=214254544

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -- Gen. George Patton

Page generated in 0.02405 seconds with 8 queries