View Single Post
Old October 25, 2012, 12:40 PM   #8
Darker Loaf

I own a K9 Elite, and I used to own a CW 9. I got the K9 Elite to be more "me" proof than CW 9 (showed some wear and had reliability problems for me). I like the trigger better on the Elite than on the CW 9, but both are good triggers.

But make no mistake there is a difference between those triggers and the trigger on my custom trigger job XD 4" Service 9mm. A single-action trigger like a custom trigger or the trigger on a custom 1911 are of no comparison to the trigger on a on a CW or even a K9. It feels like I'm shooting a machine gun when I go back to my trusty XD.

However, the triggers on all Kahr guns that I've tried (P380, PM 9, CW 9, and K9) are all really good triggers. They are simply longer and with a longer reset than some of the full-sized service guns we are used to range shooting. But like others that have commented in this thread, the long double-action trigger pull is probably more appropriate on a carry piece [which is what K9's are], especially since that is the only form of safety that you have. But once again as other have said practice should solve all your problems.

The good thing about the K9 is that it is a decent range gun. It is easy to control and has an almost full sized barrel (3.465"). I also agree: a K9 is perfect for my medium sized hands. It's just enough to put all my fingers on the gun. People with larger hands may prefer the T9, but it may be just a tiny bit too big for my tastes for CC purposes. Probably would print just enough to see the grip print. When I compare my K9 Elite to the already-sold CW9, I LOVE my K9.

Page generated in 0.02736 seconds with 8 queries