View Single Post
Old July 28, 2013, 07:57 PM   #36
jimbob86

Quote:
A semi-auto .22 pistol may not do much, if anything, to help his practice on a long, heavy DA snub revolver with regards to trigger manipulation, but it will improve his shooting ability, it will improve his skills with handgun sights and it [u]will[/i] improve his muscle memory in holding a handgun.

He's completely new to handguns and a semi-auto .22 pistol offers a -LOT- of trigger time for low dollars and most of them are extremely accurate (fixed barrel helps a LOT) and for a high-quality double action rimfire revolver, it's a HEAP more money than for a decent rimfire semi-auto.
$250 is NOT a "HEAP" of money....

$250 was the difference between the prices of a Ruger MKIII and a sp101 in .22 at the local BigBox..... and the 101 would help with the long DA pull.

As for the driving anology, how's about he becomes proficient with the car he has before moving on to another one?

I have an even better DA trainer, and it cost me $129+tax ...... but I just spent another $100 on dies and nigh $100 on components to reproduce the factory loads ...... guess what that was........

Page generated in 0.02061 seconds with 8 queries