View Single Post
Old April 12, 2005, 09:15 PM   #18
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Back in '90, I bought a brand new Silverado and decided to take my young nephews on a break-in drive through the Laural Highlands of PA. We went a little further than I'd planned on and ended up coming back through Maryland on some desolate stretch of Interstate a little after midnight. Ours was the only vehicle westbound that I could tell, until a beat up piece of sh** white pickup with 3 rednecks came out of nowhere and right up within inches of my rear bumper. I slowed, they slowed. I took it up to 90+ and so did they. This went on for miles and there was no cell phone service in the area. I finally told the nephews that at the next exit I would pull off as close to the trees as possible, and as soon as I stop to bail out and run for the trees, and don't look back. They did as instructed and the three creeps exited their truck and started for me. I couldn't see clearly if their hands were clear or not because of their headlights, so I bailed out and came to a crouched low ready with my 4" Smith 19. Not a word was spoken but they ran back to their truck and peeled rubber getting out of there. They got the idea that I meant business... and I did. Had my nephews not been with me I probably would have continued on to someplace populated and handled it another way, but having kids with you changes the whole scenerio... and your response.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.03804 seconds with 8 queries