View Single Post
Old December 20, 1999, 11:54 AM   #8
Spyderman

Okay, here's a question for ya... How can you tell for sure if the firearm was produced before or after the ban? I know many manufacturers stamp the date of manufacture on the receiver, but this one has no such date. It is stamped with the Heckler & Koch name, so I know it's not the most current production, what else can I look for? On Benelli's web site, they show the brand new M1-M with a pistol grip and a two-shot extension and no mention of any restrictions, and on the same page, show the M1-M "entry" gun with a 14" barrel that states "Special License Required, All NFA Rules Apply", so by this I'm led to believe that the M1-M with the "legal" barrel length is available without restrictions. Anyway, I obviously don't want to get myself in hot water by slapping on some "evil" and making the shotgun "more deadly", so please let me know. I do know that in the new Kalifornia ban, the only mention of semi-shotguns is that any shotgun with a rotating cylinder or detachable box magazine is considered an AW, as well as any semi-auto shotgun with BOTH a pistol grip AND a folding or collapsable stock. I'm not so clear on the "Criminals Protection Act of '94" so, more research is needed before I hit the catalogs for accys. If the particular shotgun I just purchased is in fact Pre-Ban, I'd like to know how to tell. Everything I can see says it might be, but this isn't something I want to guess at.

Page generated in 0.03247 seconds with 8 queries