View Single Post
Old September 23, 2012, 01:00 PM   #5
leveled

Some things I learned from other posts on this site

Been reading some of the other posts on this fourm and and see that I'm not alone in my experience. A person hears so many reviews of never a misfire and then it's a bit of a shock to have a different experience. With anything there is a learning curve and I am patient so next week I will give this another try and let everyone know how it goes. My recomendations to other shooters of this pistol before first fire.

Clean it throughrly. I was surprised how much black grease I got out of the barrell and other parts of the gun. I'm still finding the parts are very tight. For instance, I was watching the offical Beretta video on You tube. With this model the field strip lever is in the down position and when attaching the assembled slide and barrell it should automatically return to the lock position when pulling back and releasing the slide. Mine does sometimes but other times it only goes half way and I have to manually flip it up the rest of the way. Its getting better as I try it over and over again so this issue should go away on its own.

I was also experimenting with grip and was able to get some nice groupings with this pistol but with any thing new I was changing things up a bit.

For me, keeping both hands on the pistol with both thumbs forward works best concentrating on the right hand to fit under the beavertail is what I will stick with in future target practice.

This gun is nice in that it comes with three magazines. One poster suggested filling the magazines and leaving them over night to break in the spring. I only took two magazines with me and noticed the first time loading these it was very difficult. I was only able to get 14 rounds in the first time and was wondering if there was a plug in them to prevent more rounds. Once the magazine was emptied and filled a few times it took 17 rounds no problem. These are very easy to take apart and I suggest giving them a cleaning before first use and when field stripping and cleaning the gun after firing.

One person commented that the Winchester white box ammo while being very reliable in the past is showing inconsistencies. Have a feeling that is one of the main issues I had. The Beretta manual also points to this as the main reason of failure to eject or load a round. I purchased 200 rounds and only shot half so it will be a good test to see if it was the ammo, bad grip, magazines or still a bit gunky from the factory grease.

Page generated in 0.03970 seconds with 8 queries