View Single Post
Old January 25, 1999, 12:37 AM   #8
Rob Pincus

Okay, South Alabama it is!!

I was near Selma, AL for the past few days and I nailed the largest 8 point I've seen in a while after about 30 mins in the stand on Thursday.

I had just takena Red-eye back from the SCI convention and driven down from Birmingham. At about 3:00 O'clock my host took my to a stand I settled in for a knap, expecting to have a good hour before the deer started moving.

I was laying inside of a nicely built fully enclosed wooden stand about 25 feet above a field with me rifle leaning agianst the wall and my eyes closed when I heard the deer walking behind me. I ignored it, figuring it was a squirrel or something. As the steps got close, I decided it was a Chickadee looking for seeds in the leaves or soemthing.
Then, I actually heard the dee pulling Grass from the green field I was sitting over! DUH!.. Wake up....

I peeked out of the stand and say the rack through the top of a cedar tree that was right against my stand. I got anxious and bumped the wall as I grabbed my rifle, when the big buck picked his head up and tensed I threw the rifle up and looked through the cedar. Let me say, Thank God for the Scout Scope!.. With both eyes open and minimal magnification, it was easy enough to pick out shoulder muscles and pull the trigger. The deer was about 40 yards from the base of the tree I was in.

The buck bolted into the field, but he didn't make it 100 yards. Lung Shot, I didn't compenstar at all for the fact that the scope's crosshair was certainly low for that range and hit a little higher than I wanted to.

I also Shot an Armadillo from a stand a couple days later with my RT Glock. That was fun, but I don't know if it was "hunting" .

While we were there the Wife used the Blaser to take a nice 8 point, which won a competition that she was in, but I was not eligible for. She was psyched!

pictures to follow (probly after SHOT)

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.02180 seconds with 8 queries