View Single Post
Old July 24, 2000, 09:04 PM   #11
El Jefe

My main point was that People need to have all of the facts before posting such things, The Good Monsignor did not have a chance, yeah there was a bit of a struggle however all accounts point to the fact that he was overwhelmed quickly, brutally stabbed and beaten. I would defend myself to the death and my family as well but Monsignor having a weapon would not have increased the odds any, I have that on good authority, most likely this guy would have come away with his gun as well, Considering that he tore the place up looking for valuables AFTER he killed the Monsignor. Please do not get me wrong I am sure that if he had one and he was able to bring it into play the headlines would have read something like, "Catholic priest brings judgement upon a violent parishioner" I for one would have applauded his action given the circumstances however I am unsure the rest of the world would have seen it that way. Because of his faith, Because he was doing the Work of God, He became a Martyr. I am sure he wasn't seeking that post by act or deed,................

------------------
...“ They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” --Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it.
---Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

The ANTI-HCI Site!

Page generated in 0.02391 seconds with 8 queries