View Single Post
Old April 12, 2009, 10:45 PM   #26
Elvishead

Quote:
I bought a Rossi 462 SS 357 snub less than 1 year ago. After a couple hundred rounds, the firing pin broke. Sent it in for their fantastic warranty repair. Cost me $68.XX overnight freight on a $269 gun. When I got it back, the firing pin broke after 24 rounds. I called and they paid the freight. It was gone another 6-8 weeks. I've fired 88 rounds in it since. My gunsmith looked at it and said the hammer nose was hitting on the bottom of the firing pin channel. He looked at it before the last breakage and it was hitting on the top of the channel. I'll do one of 2 things. I'll either trade it for a Ruger or S&W or I'll shoot the crap out of it until it breaks again. When it breaks again, I'll ask for a brand new gun. This is pretty ridiculous. This was to be my truck gun. Can you imagine needing it, reaching for it, pointing and pulling the trigger and it just goes click? This has been an extremely frustrating experience for me.
So you have a $337 Rossi and wasted about $50-80 worth of ammo to prove that.

Congratulations you now have a $400+ Rossi. Do what I did take your loses now, and get a Ruger.

My new replacement Rossi 462 .357magnum is a back up, of a back up, of a back up with light .38s.

Page generated in 0.02884 seconds with 8 queries