View Single Post
Old April 4, 2009, 09:18 AM   #8
sholling

Quote:
like the idea of being able to use iron sights, are the see through scope rings a good option?
See-through rings suck hugely. With a factory stock it's pretty hard to get a decent cheek weld with even low rings. Add an inch or so of see through rings and you can barely get a chin weld.

Quote:
Apparently Scholling doesn't practice what he preaches, pic#2 the scope looks like a Leapers and pic#3 is a Simmons neither of those are synonymous with quality........lol
Pic #2 is not a leapers, but it is a spare Nikko-Stirling Nighteater (which I'd rate between a Bushnell Trophy and Legend) 3-10x42 that I had laying around. The Weaver V24 that I bought for it had a bit too much magnification for an Appleseed and I like the look so I kept it on for the photo, and will keep it there for the next Appleseed.

#3 has a Simmons Prohunter which was purchased out of curiosity. It actually surprised me with how good it is. It's a HUGE step up from a $70 BSA or Leapers, or a low end Simmons, etc - which is what I was trying to steer the OP away from. How long it will last is anybodies guess but Chuck Hawks rates them in with the better $150-200 scopes.

Quote:
Two-Star-Plus Scopes
* Bushnell Trophy
* Leupold Rifleman
* Mueller Extreme
* Nikon ProStaff
* Simmons Master Series ProHunter
Next comment? Hopefully with a bit more thought behind it next time. Oh and if you're going to call me a lier or a hypocrite at least spell the name right.

Last edited by sholling; April 4, 2009 at 09:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.03381 seconds with 8 queries