View Single Post
Old September 2, 2011, 10:37 PM   #27
Fingers McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigminnow
I should have mentioned that my flask use will be for revolvers only...I really enjoy shooting the revolvers. I have 5 at this time including the 1858 Pietta Remington type from Cabela's and I ordered another one today. I must be infected with black powder or something huh. This is my last one unless...I sell, swap, trade a brass frame model for a steel frame.

So, if I'm careful, what do you think about loading directly to the revolver cylinder? I know there is always the possibility of a horrible accident and I would never load a long rifle directly from the powder horn/flask. I also started using a loading jig that I bought. Have to remove the cylinder but I like doing that...

Right now I'm using a Lee's 1.3cc scoop and I scoop from a container and pour into the cylinder using a funnel...and I could keep scooping I guess. Anyway, Track of the Wolf has a lot of pieces, parts, and complete flasks. Gee I guess I need one for each revolver now huh?
One can never have too many C&B...........or flasks either for that matter

IMNSHO, loading a revolver directly from a flask is perfectly fine.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries